Vintage WWF Never Gets Old

After seeing Tasty Spoon’s take on KD and his almost attempt at annihilating aluminum cans like the beloved icon “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, it reminded me of a once glorious pastime for children everywhere, watching Wrestling. Not the Olympic style wrestling but WWF. Now it is the WWE and it has some really wacky characters like New Day (and John Cena, but that’s a whole hot take in itself).

Back when Stone cold was in the ring, there were people like the young Undertaker, Mankind, Brett Hart (RIP), young Triple H, and yeah, The Rock. They were all about the swagger and doing absolutely whatever they wanted. The years that those guys were flying off the ropes became known as the Attitude Era for crying out loud! They were there to crush skulls and beers!

In memorial to all those nights of watching these hulking dudes throwing each other, I wanted to throw up some clips, which are near and dear to my heart. The first one is the Undertaker vs. Mankind, Hell in a Cell. For those of you who don’t have 20 minutes to watch the most insane match ever, the good parts are at 2:00 and 8:30.

For WWF/WWE getting so much hate for being ‘fake’ those people put their bodies on the line every time they step in that ring for our entertainment and a fat check, but still. Mankind got up three times from things that would put a mere mortal in the hospital. The other one is all about how Wrestling is still fake with our reason for this article, Stone Cold, Stunning The Rock and the way The Rock milks it for every drop its worth. Absolute gold.

There are so many more clips that I’m itching to share from but I`ll refrain this time (not refraining and not refraining pt. 2. The second one is coming from CZW, 100% real and 100% nuts).

Extra Credit: I know I’m a bit late, but a thank you goes out to all the Dads who either introduced us to Wrestling, put up with us trying to pull the Tombstone with pillows on the living room couch, or both.

I do not own the videos, GIFs and images that appear in this article, only the words.

3 comments

  1. Well, I usually avoid commenting on blogs but here I have something really interesting which convinced me to comment on this article. I really like the way you describe in your article. I really called it worth reading. Keep updating us.