7 Best Sandwiches

Before we get started on our quest to determine the best sandwich, I want to lay some ground rules:

  1. A hot dog is not a sandwich
  2. Burgers don’t count, I’m saving them for their own discussion
  3. Enjoy!

7. Grilled Cheese

Now, hear me out. I know this is literally the most basic and simple sandwich in the world, but there is so much room for creativity there. You can mix and match countless cheeses into something spectacular, you can dip it into tomato soup, or hell any soup, or whatever you want. The beauty of a grilled cheese is its simplicity. You can do whatever you want with grilled cheese, and it is amazing for it. Don’t believe me? Check this clip out and tell me you aren’t craving a grilled cheese:

6. Our Mom’s

No matter what kind of sandwich, it is always best when your mother makes it. basic ham and cheese? Love it. Turkey and swiss? Best sandwich I’ve ever had. No matter what, your mother makes the best sandwiches in the world.

5. Buffalo Chicken

cobblestonebreadco.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/recipe-hero_buffalo_chicken_sandwich_1500x677px.jpg

Whether with ranch or blue cheese (definitely ranch), lettuce and tomato. Boom perfect sandwich. The right amount of spicy and cool from the buffalo and ranch or blue cheese (ranch), and nice crispy lettuce. With either grilled, deli, or fried chicken, theres a buff chick sub for everyone.

4. Patriot Sandwich

https://cbsla.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/istock_000016544909small-1.jpg

There are hundreds of different names for this legendary American sandwich, and know matter what you call it, we all know it and we all love it. It’s the leftovers from Thanksgiving sandwich. Roasted turkey, Mashed potatoes (yeah they’re great in a sandwich), gravy, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and so much more if you want it. It is a full dinner in a sandwich, and if you are lucky, there is a sandwich place near you who serves it year round. It is so damn good.

3. Philly Cheese Steak

The amazing combination of shaved steak, provolone/American cheese, and your choice of mushrooms, peppers and onions. I myself go for mushrooms and onions, but the choice is yours. It is a match made in heaven, and my favorite part about this sandwich is that it only gets better in Philly. The best cheese steak I’ve ever had was from a random street vendor in the city.

2. Reuben

The melted swiss, juicy corned beef or turkey, toasted rye, sauerkraut and Russian dressing. It is perfection between two slices of bread. I know it is less traditional, but I prefer it with turkey. It is just as good with corned beef however, and it is one of my favorite Sandwiches. The kraut really adds an almost unique flavor when compared to most common sandwiches.

1. Cuban

Mustard, ham, slow roasted pork, melted swiss and pickles. Literal orgasm in bread. It is so good I could eat them everyday. There was literally a week a few months back where I had three Cubans in the same week. The combo of meats is perfect, the melted swiss is delicious, and the pickles just add that little bit of something extra to put this sandwich above the rest.

2 comments