More Legends Gone, RIP Prodigy :(.

Just One After Another

Maybe it’s just me, but it seems like we’ve been losing legends all over the place the past couple of years. Prince, Bowie, Gregg Allman, and fuck it I’ll include Phife Diggy because this is my time and I’ll do what I want with it, now Prodigy. Along with countless others, the music industry has no doubt seen its fair share of loss in the past couple years. And just when you think it can’t get any worse, reality comes up and kicks you in the fucking head.

http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2017/06/20/533681560/mobb-deeps-prodigy-dies-at-42

Prodigy: November 2, 1974- June 20, 2017

He was only 42, ***Insert something about the good dying young here***. Prodigy, born Albert Johnson, died today in a Las Vegas hospital. In the hospital because of complications arising from his battle with sickle cell anemia, Prodigy leaves behind both a celebrated legacy and a path for other emcee’s.

You know, I’ll just sauce the whole album up here because it deserves it. You’re welcome.

Top 5 Hip Hop albums of all time, no question no discussion. If you want to listen to roots, historical hip hop with hard hitting and poignant lyrics, look no further than this dynamic duo.

But we are here to celebrate his life and legacy. One half of a duo that is a pillar of hip hop music, Prodigy let people know how it is, unabashed and unapologetic.

Tryna get a piece of this pie, we don’t share
Prepare for the worst cause I been there
Try to, keep a positive mind and walk a straight line don’t work
So n****s is forced to do dirt

Shook Ones

Now I’m smokin buddha philly blunt style
A frustrated and confused young juvenile
King of the project blues so I choose
To take a piece of the action
But my sober state of mind won’t let it happen
So twenty-four-seven it’s the number one stresser
Dealin with the peer pressure

Peer Pressure

Mobb Deep changed up the sound of hip hop like no one had before them, incorporating new and lethargic piano loops and eighth note high hats that accompanied their hard hitting snares.

Forever wild from the cradle to the grave, RIP Prodgy.

@TastySpoon