Trump: Literally or Figuratively Crazy?

According to news sources, there is a group of Democrats that are going after Trump. No surprise there, except they are trying to use the 25th Amendment to get the job done. For those of you red-blooded, freedom-loving Americans that do not know what the 25th Amendment is, it is simple. It states the order of succession of the office of President. It also just so happens to contain a section that outlines a process to remove a President from office that is considered “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.”

That’s right Americans, H.R.1987 Oversight Commission on Presidential Capacity Act is currently making its’ way through the process. Introduced in the House exactly one month ago, the bill creates a committee “to carry out section 4 of the 25th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.” The committee itself would be made up of 11 members, 5 from each party and a committee chairperson approved by the aforementioned 10 committee members.

This bill, which has yet to pass through the House, was originally introduced by Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Maryland). H.R.1987 has 19 co-sponsors, all of whom are Democrats. There has been no further action taken on this bill since it was introduced.

It blows my mind that Democrats are trying to use the 25th Amendment to get rid of Trump. I agree that he is not a good president and that he should not be in power, but do you really think that this will work? Seems like the answer to that question would be an emphatic no. No Republican in their right mind would even consider voting yes on this bill. Then again, this is all coming about because of speculation that a Republican isn’t right in the head.

Doesn’t matter, this just is not a feasible path to take. This bill will never make it out of the House, never mind the fact that there is a  Republican majority in both the House and Senate. I’d bet everything in my pockets right now that Sen. John McCain would not vote in favor of this bill. Even Governor Charlie Baker, the Republican in Massachusetts, would take a stance on a lot of other things before supporting H.R.1987.

I think that you are wrong Rep. Raskin and company, contributing to the polarization in such a way. If you get re-elected by doing this, then I guess you did right by yourself, but that’s about it.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY ALL!