This is Probably a Law Somewhere

It’s Got to Be.

While on a road trip recently, I stumbled upon something great. Something that will change all road trips from now until the Earth explodes. I was on a quick trip to help in the preliminary rounds of moving my girlfriend into her new place. While on the road, I got a little bored in between writing articles (because I’m #dedicated) so I decided to have a bit of road fun. Okay, get your mind out of the gutter. This is what I mean.

Image result for trucker honking horn

So aside from just giving people funny looks and then laughing at them, I tried a little experiment on this drive. The experiment was to figure out how many truckers would actually honk the horn when I would signal to them to do it. And what I found was pretty promising.

~6/8

Now I know what you’re thinking, “Tasty, you definitely passed more than 8 trucks, Route 95 is long as hell” and you’re right, I did. But I’m not gonna spend my entire road trip asking random truckers to honk their horns. I’m a grown ass man with a beautiful woman sitting next to me to distract, and loyal readers to please. But, this evidence was conclusive enough for me, small sample size be damned.

I’m Convinced.

Image result for trucker

I don’t care what anyone says, this is a law somewhere, be it written or unwritten. Truckers have their hands tied when someone does the “honk your horn” hand message. There’s a Hammurabi’s code of trucking, and this has got to be on it. Research shows that an overwhelming majority of truckers will do it when asked, so what does that mean? It means that when you reach up and grab the imaginary horn in your corn, then pull it down while making eye contact with the nice person in the truck next you, he is required to do it by law. Again, it could be written down somewhere in the US Constitution or part of the culture’s unspoken law, the truckers Great Rhetra if you will. But it’s there.

Truckers themselves probably despise this rule, although I’m not 100% on that. That might be the most interaction they have with people outside of other truckers, the people to whom they’re bring the product, or their families. Either way the experiment went well. Now I have discovered part of the code of law that the wonderful people known as truckers seemingly abide by.