Music Monday’s: The RH Factor

Salutations everyone! Another week has passed, and I think we deserve some fun(k) after making it through. So, I present to you the latest edition of Music Monday’s featuring a tasty new outfit I discovered, The RH Factor.

Everyone please say hello to The RH Factor and its leader, Mr. Roy Hargrove. Hargrove is a Jazz trumpeter who has played a lot with names such greats as Wynton Marsalis and Herbie Hancock. A Berklee student for a year, Hargrove would transfer to Greenwich Villages’ The New School, then won his first Grammy in 1998 for Habana, an album recorded with the Afro-Cuban outfit he formed.

Throughout the years, in addition to working with renowned Jazz artists, Hargrove was a big supporter of the Jazz/Hip Hop fusion, playing on albums of greats such as Common, Erkah Badu, and D’Angelo. He even appeared on John Mayer’s Continuum album.

Have a great week everyone!!